Health, Safety and Environmental Philosophy
The protection of health, safety, conservation of the environment, and sustainable development apart from being disciplined subject to legislation, constitutes an asset and an added value within our organization, both as a philosophy and as awareness that they are essential and integral part of our products and services and hence in the achievement of company objectives.
Therefore, Husky-CNOOC Madura Limited sets its Health, Safety and Environmental Philosophy as follows :
- Corporate culture and core competitiveness: We will improve our HSE management by benchmarking our operations with those of international oil companies. We value our HSE management system as a key component of our culture and competitive strength. HSE performance is one of the foundations for the company's growth and development.
- HSE awareness: We will strive to proactively pursue HSE excellence rather than reacting to the prevailing laws, regulations, industrial standards, and the applicable procedures.
- Continual improvement: HSE management is not a short-term project. It requires persistence and continual improvement. We believe, “We can always do it better”.
- Value of employees: employees are our most valuable resources and assets.
- Assignment of the responsible: we are commited to integrate HSE management into every operation and position by setting objectives and its implementation. The ultimate responsibility for HSE management lies with the management.
- Systematic management and risk control : We shall develop system for routine management of HSE, promote the “5 Do Not Safety Rules”, and manage risk to an acceptable level.
- Management of contractors: Management and supervision of contractors are an important part of HSE management process to achieve Win-Win cooperation.
- Endeavor to use clean and harmless materials, energy, and protect environment and natural resources.
- Internal monitoring: Internal Audit is an important way to evaluate and supervise HSE management.
- Reflection of quality: HSE management and its performance are a reflection of our comprehensive overall quality.
- Economics and social responsibility in harmony: HSE management is not only a matter of economics return, but also our commitment to social responsibility.
Health, Safety and Environmental Policy
Husky-CNOOC Madura Limited operating in Indonesia, performs its managerial and supporting activities in Jakarta, and conducts offshore oil and gas exploration and exploitation in the Contract Area of Madura Strait, East Java.
Husky-CNOOC Madura Limited affirms to all employees, contractors and the public that we execute activities comply with the prevailing HSE laws and regulations. Therefore pollution prevention, energy conservation and protection of the health and safety employees, contractors and the community as a whole, will have equal priority and be integrated with other business activities.
We strive to steadily improve our HSE performance through systematic management. Therefore, we commit ourselve to:
- Improving our HSE management system and carrying our “continual improvement” plan.
- Internally promoting our HSE management policy and providing HSE management training to all employees so as to improve their HSE management consciousness and technical skill to ensure the execution of their respective duties are in adherence to the HSE Policy.
- Providing our employees with a safe workplace, including reliable equipment and facilities and personal protection equal to or exceeding the government's standards.
- Conducting HSE management inspection on newly built, upgraded and modified equipments. Periodically inspect and evaluate the HSE management status of facilities and equipments in use.
- Performing timely revisions to the emergency plan, establishing emergency supplies and equipment, and periodically organizing emergency exercises to minimize injuries and pollution accidents.
- Conducting risk identification, hazard analysis and safety evaluation on each phase of operations from design to construction to operation, and integrating the results to any modification plans.
- Offering HSE information to contractors and requesting them to establish HSE management system comply with industrial standard and provide ongoing training to their employees.
- Mantaining friendly relationships with government agencies, local communities and the public, and cooperating closely with them on HSE management so as to create a positive environment in the community where we operate.
- Encouraging employees to participate in HSE management activities and scientific research.
- Keeping work sites clean to create a good environment for the health and safety of our employees.
Production of clean energy and protection of the environment will be our overriding goal.
We value our Health, Safety and Environmental management system as a key component of our culture and competitive strength.